A Christmas Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
We watch all the christmas classics at our home, and my kids believe Santa is real, as well as elves, magic, dragons, shoot they think dinosaurs are still around 😂 They'll keep on believing until they get old enough to realize otherwise.

The real world can really stink sometimes, so its nice to have a little magic in our household and keep the vibes positive 🤟 with christmas being such a diverse holiday it really hits home on different levels 🎅🎅🎅Cheers
I agree.

Plus if you don't care for Santa movies. There's always Christmas movies that are family oriented too, like White Christmas, Die Hard (the first is the best one) and that Christmas Knight (or something similar) one that Netflix released last Year, not to mention the Christmas specials on most series, like Bones, The Office and Brooklyn Nine Nine

Plus if you don't care for Santa movies. There's always Christmas movies that are family oriented too, like White Christmas, Die Hard (the first is the best one) and that Christmas Knight (or something similar) one that Netflix released last Year
Thank you for sharing these. I don't think I've ever heard of them before. I'll let my family know about them so we have some good family Christmas movies to watch. :hugs :hugs

Plus if you don't care for Santa movies. There's always Christmas movies that are family oriented too, like White Christmas, Die Hard (the first is the best one) and that Christmas Knight (or something similar) one that Netflix released last Year
Now Die Hard marathon is something everyone can get behind.

I’m lobbying for the only allowable Christmas movie to be Die Hard.

Thank you so much for responding, @BigBlueHen53! I was going to tag you or something because I wanted to hear your thoughts on all of this. :hugs

I'm not looking to force anyone into my beliefs. I'm very sorry that I came across that way. I wanted to shed some light on what I'm seeing in these movies. Maybe I was wrong to do so? It really bothered me what I was seeing, and wanted to talk about it. Thank you again for replying. :hugs :hugs
Hollywood, or Lifetouch or whoever, is going to keep making these movies for one simple reason: money. People will watch them, and sponsors will advertise in them, ads sell product, and that's what makes the world go 'round. They can be sugary-sweet, or based on the false premise of life after death (during October, especially), or gruesome or romantic or tear-jerkers or murder, whatever Jack or Jill Public and their children want to watch, it doesn't really matter whether it's truth or lies or occult, if it sells they will make more of it.

All you can do is vote with your pocketbook. And that, my dear, is what's known as a Fact of Life. The only person in this whole wide world you have any control over, is you. You can't control the movie industry. You can't control what other people watch. You can only control yourself.

I think you’re flippant and arrogant.

Agree or not, being on your high horse telling someone to get off theirs makes zero sense to me.

I have people of all walks of life around me. My steadfast rule is respect. You show none.
Please stop arguing. I wasn't wanting an argument to break out. Sorry. :(

Thank you for sharing these. I don't think I've ever heard of them before. I'll let my family know about them so we have some good family Christmas movies to watch. :hugs :hugs
Just know Die Hard is kinda a violent movie. It's Christmas themed because it takes place at that time and it's about family, but it's not a happy go lucky kids movie

Agree or not, being on your high horse telling someone to get off theirs makes zero sense to me.

I have people of all walks of life around me. My steadfast rule is respect. You show none.
there’s no horse here. well, maybe just from you playing the role of white knight.

congrats on being a person? we all have people of all shapes, colors, and beliefs around us. that fact doesn’t make you special. i’m sure you show them all respect. to think i don’t is short sighted.

i literally just said i respect you in my last response to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom