𝓓𝓾𝓬𝓴𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 π“Ÿπ“±π“Έπ“½π“Έπ“°π“»π“ͺ𝓹𝓱𝔂
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Nov 6, 2017
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
With Christmas around the corner, out comes out the Christmas movies. I very much enjoy these movies, but after watching The Christmas Chronicles, there's something that really doesn't sit right with me. That is, Santa Clause is idolized! Christmas is the celebration of God's Own Son, but everyone forgets Him, don't they? Everyone is focusing on Santa Clause, and is depicting him as God instead. Santa Clause 'supposedly' knows EVERYTHING about EVERYONE. He knows all the things you do. He even knows your name. Hmmm... Looking a lot like he's God, right? In the Bible, it says that no one is to have any gods before God Himself, but come Christmas time, everyone forgets 'Christ', and looks at Santa Clause as 'God', don't they?

Another thing comes Christmas time. Santa Clause is a tool in bribery. (If you have a better word for this, please let me know, but for now, I'm calling it 'bribery.') They 'bribe' kids to be good, in order to get something they want. What good morels is that? Do something to get something? Sounds more like a paying job than a voluntary love and good heart. That hurts! It really does! Even if it was good, it only shows during Christmas time. Everyone forgets about being 'good' the rest of the year. Focus on the heart! Again, idolatry! Doing good for selfish desires, not for selflessness and a good heart.

Fact: St. Nicholas was a just regular guy, who had a good heart. He wanted to save these three girls, so he secretly snuck them some money. That was out of the kindness of his own heart! Not something that he was being greedy about and was expecting something in return! Look up the history yourself! Focus on this and think about it, all.

come Christmas time, everyone forgets 'Christ', and looks at Santa Clause as 'God', don't they?
...Santa Clause is a tool in bribery.

I can see why you would rant about that in the movies you've been watching, but I have some slightly cheering news: not everyone does that in real life.

At my house, "Santa Claus is an imaginary guy. People like to pretend he puts toys in Christmas stockings." I've given that exact explanation to several children, and some years they helped me "pretend to be Santa Claus" and put presents in stockings for their siblings. All presents under the Christmas tree get labeled according to who they actually come from.

I can see why you would rant about that in the movies you've been watching, but I have some slightly cheering news: not everyone does that in real life.

At my house, "Santa Claus is an imaginary guy. People like to pretend he puts toys in Christmas stockings." I've given that exact explanation to several children, and some years they helped me "pretend to be Santa Claus" and put presents in stockings for their siblings. All presents under the Christmas tree get labeled according to who they actually come from.
I've heard of people doing this before, and respect that you're upfront and truthful that he's 'imaginary". But I've heard of people that didn't see him as that, but real. Then when their parents told them that Santa Clause wasn't real, they were shattered. What could they believe then after being told the biggest thing they looked forward to, was fake? It's wrong and very sad. Their trust is broken, forever. And nobody is doing anything about it. :(

We watch all the christmas classics at our home, and my kids believe Santa is real, as well as elves, magic, dragons, shoot they think dinosaurs are still around πŸ˜‚ They'll keep on believing until they get old enough to realize otherwise.

The real world can really stink sometimes, so its nice to have a little magic in our household and keep the vibes positive 🀟 with christmas being such a diverse holiday it really hits home on different levels πŸŽ…πŸŽ…πŸŽ…Cheers

I've heard of people doing this before, and respect that you're upfront and truthful that he's 'imaginary". But I've heard of people that didn't see him as that, but real. Then when their parents told them that Santa Clause wasn't real, they were shattered. What could they believe then after being told the biggest thing they looked forward to, was fake? It's wrong and very sad. Their trust is broken, forever. And nobody is doing anything about it. :(

I've heard stories like that too.
I didn't tell my oldest child anything about Santa-- until we had too many friendly strangers at the store asking what Santa was going to bring for Christmas :rolleyes: So I had to come up with an answer on short notice, and lying did not feel right.

When I was growing up, Mom always pretended that Santa put the stuff in stockings, and the Easter Bunny hid eggs-- but we all knew the truth, so it was like a shared game that we all pretended to believe. I didn't know how to create that situation, so I may have erred on the side of being too blunt (but at least no-one will feel betrayed about being lied to!)

I think all the parents I personally know have kids that know the truth about Santa Claus, so it may be something that varies from one family to another, or in different parts of the country, or something like that. :idunno

Last edited by a moderator:
We watch all the christmas classics at our home, and my kids believe Santa is real, as well as elves, magic, dragons, shoot they think dinosaurs are still around πŸ˜‚ They'll keep on believing until they get old enough to realize otherwise.

The real world can really stink sometimes, so its nice to have a little magic in our household and keep the vibes positive 🀟 with christmas being such a diverse holiday it really hits home on different levels πŸŽ…πŸŽ…πŸŽ…Cheers
Yes, but what is magic? It's fun to imagine magic, but on a spiritual level, does one really know the true facts on that? Is it really even good to play around with that? I'm sorry if I'm looking a bit deep into this, but I really want to know.

So being good for an imaginary being so you get gifts and wishes granted is different than being good for a yet to be proven being so your soul has a place for eternity.

Teach of the birth of Christ and why he’s important. Teach about St Nicholas and how he’s important.

Enjoy the Christmas holiday as a reflecting time with family. Set down and watch (or not) holiday movies for their intent.

I've heard stories like that too.
I didn't tell my oldest child anything about Santa-- until we had too many friendly strangers at the store asking what Santa was going to bring for Christmas :rolleyes: So I had to come up with an answer on short notice, and lying did feel right.

When I was growing up, Mom always pretended that Santa put the stuff in stockings, and the Easter Bunny hid eggs-- but we all knew the truth, so it was like a shared game that we all pretended to believe. I didn't know how to create that situation, so I may have erred on the side of being too blunt (but at least no-one will feel betrayed about being lied to!)

I think all the parents I personally know have kids that know the truth about Santa Claus, so it may be something that varies from one family to another, or in different parts of the country, or something like that. :idunno
Thank you for what you are saying. I really enjoy hearing what you have to say. I wish everyone could hold onto the truth like this. (Even if it feels right, lying is never right.) As a game, I see nothing wrong with Santa Clause, and even my Mom wears a Santa Clause hat on Christmas morning as a tradition. But she's always been truthful about Santa Clause with us. :)

The idolatry in movies though! Why?

Yes, but what is magic? It's fun to imagine magic, but on a spiritual level, does one really know the true facts on that? Is it really even good to play around with that? I'm sorry if I'm looking a bit deep into this, but I really want to know.
Well it just depends on what type of spiritial level you are in to 😊 . We have quite a bit of magic, spells, rituals we partake in to keep our spirits balanced in our household. I think you nailed the main point that all religions are centered around, focusing on the heart πŸ’• and being good all year round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom