A Couple Of My Large Orpingtons

love.gif
droolin.gif

LEMON CUCKOO

OK now that really isn't fair, I guess I need to add that to my list.... Amazing

Sandy any pictures of the hens? ooo those are bantams right?

Oh my goodness, those are incredible roos! You can tell by their expressions they're very sweet as well. Great job!! You don't have a blog or website by chance do you?

What beauties! I love orps and I'm going to have some.

Question ... referring to the first page, is it illegal to have orps in the USA that aren't buff? I'm just confused

No it is not illegal to have any bird in your country as long as the eggs or birds pass your import health regulations, and an orpington is an orpington - Mr. Cook made the black orpington first, then the buff orpington and in 1923 the Jubilee, Spangled (mottled) and Cuckoo were Standardised by the British Poultry Club and they were marked with points of 100. I do have a copy of that book as proof. You surely have different coloured Wyandottes, we over here and on the continent have different coloured orpingtons. You already have in your Country, Chocolate, cuckoo, lavender, gold lace, black, blues gold lace, lemon cuckoo, jubilee and possibly other coloured orpingtons too - these have come from not just this country but some from the continent. Sandy
D.gif

Last edited:
I love your chocolate orpington bantams, apparently its a hard colour to breed throughfrom scratch as it is a ressessive gene. I want some!

It is easy to breed from if you know how to go about it, but anybody having chocolate Orpingtons must also have black Orpingtons, the same to be said with lavender orpingtons, now and then you breed a lavender to a black to strengthen the gene as a black mated to chocolate or lavender will have cock birds split for that particular colour. Sandy
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom