A dove wheezing <.<

Nov 6, 2018
San Antonio, Texas
So..... I have my dove twilight *yes I know..* And When I sat him down I noticed a faint wheezing coming from him... He hasn’t done this before at all. Is he getting sick? He’s been a happy healthy bird but then there is the wheezing Anything you guys know? XD I’m kinda puzzled why he’s wheezing.

I noticed a faint wheezing coming from him.
Are there any other signs of illness? Lethargic, fluffed or ruffled feathers, closing of eyelids, stays in one spot with little to no movement"?
These are signs things are going south.

Is it active eating and drinking well? Digestive system working well with healthy poop? Is it's crop filling and emptying in a normal matter?
These are signs things are going well and not to be too concerned.

It is not uncommon for pigeons to make different vocalizations especially when entering into adulthood.

I suggest you add some apple cider vinegar to it's water for good measure. Keep monitoring its behavour to see if things improve or worsen.

Last edited:
Is it tail bobbing? Open mouth breathing ? Lethargic? Definitely do the ACV, keep him or her warm and quiet. I would give electrolytes. I usually make my own. You could put him on meds from foy if you are concerned. I have also used some home remedies to perk up my birds depending on their condition. I wouldn’t consider a wheeze normal unless it is part of their coo or coo practice.

Back
Top Bottom