A duck a day.

Alsoooo, now you seen pictures of my ducks...any idea what the heck they are? Aside from pillocks? The guy we took em off said call duck mutts. They're little but don't quite got call shaped faces and Rory is a very funny colour, I've not seen any call duck pictures of that colour. Any idea what kinda mutts they are?

xxx

Quote:
Yes! That's what I meant!
lol.png
He looks a little blue, but maybe he is lavendar, pastel, fawn, or apricot? Or a mutt? I love his black bill!! Hey now that I think about it, in my ducks the ones with the really dark bills are female, and the males are dark green. The female's bills are actually green too, but so dark they look black unless you are looking very closely. But not all female ducks would have a dark bill, like in pekens both sexes are yellow.

Priss I'm glad you finally got some photos of your little peeps up!! I'm sure they are calls, but their colors may be "mutt". And without the poofy cheeks they couldn't be show quality. Everything else you've said about them sounds like typical call characteristics.
They are totally adorable!! Give them a hug for me!!!
love.gif

I've jus been out for a snuggle. My husband is on late shift and they behaved good and quiet today and let him sleep. (Aside from a couple of good wakkks, which is really very good for them.)
Only Doogie's got the chubby cheeks but I'm a mutt myself so I don't mind it in my ducks!
They gotta go to bed in a bit, I got some rubber through the post today so I can put it on their ramp. It gets very slippy when it gets wet and Rory falls off it! So am gonna go de-slip it, put in extra straw and padlock them up for the night. Wish I could hang out with them in the evenings too but husband will not let them hang out in the house.
sad.png

Bring on the Spring!!!

In response to what flavor is he?

I don't know what color Trudy is. The lady said he was a full blooded runner, she said she doesn't own anything but runners, but I've never seen one his color. I think he's going to end up getting darker after this molt. Right now he's losing feathers left and right. Here's a better picture of his colors.

tumblr_kupjx0cnK61qap99no1_500.jpg

I'm going to post some pictures of August next. I don't know what color he is, either. Just funny colored runners.

August is very modest. You have to sneak attack him with the camera. It goes something like this.

"HEY, AUGY DOGGY DADDY!"
tumblr_kupk2hKcku1qap99no1_500.jpg

Hm, yes, you called?

"Yeah, August, I'm going to take some pictures of you to show how pretty you are."
tumblr_kupk4zl2hD1qap99no1_500.jpg

Aw, shucks, of me?!

"Of course, you're so gorgeous buddy. Pose for me for a minute."
tumblr_kupk5tqpyT1qap99no1_500.jpg

-blushes-

Awww Trudy really does pose nice for the camera!
August is beautiful tooooo, how does he know to grow that white bit round his neck like that? I think they are so smart, they know exactly what will look pretty. I got a freckle on my butt that would be so much cuter on my nose but nooooo it's on my butt. Ducks are way smarter than us when it comes to bein pretty.
xx

Quote:
lol I'm sure the freckle on your butt is just lovely! lol

I took a video today. And then I looked at the old video and am just amazed at the difference. Makes me want babies again. XD

Then
Now

Back
Top Bottom