A few chick problems

bamachickens

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Most of them hatched Sunday. There are still a few pips and zips, when do I give up on the hatch? They were due to hatch Saturday.

One has one spraddle leg, vigorous chick, but spraddle leg. I did the bandaid treatmentm we'll see on it.

3 have been on their back since hatching. I have made them drink, but they roll right back on their back. I expect them to die any day now.

I had 3 hatch last night, but they were still wet this morning, I refilled my water trays in the bottom of the LG and they might have laid in the middle. Anyway, I pulled them and put them in the brooder and I hope they dry before I get home. Is it normal for them not to dry and fluff up?

Sounds like your incubator is too humid and it's causing them to respirate on the humidity (causing them to be too weak to stand and may die like you believe they may). And that would be why they are still wet. I really really do not like LGs because person to person location to location they either work really in your favor or REALLY kill most of the eggs in them. In my case my LG killed over half to 100% of my eggs everytime I set eggs. It was really heartbreaking.

The other eggs may not hatch if they are drowning sad to say
sad.png
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom