A few new Ducks

I would love to see that colouring in a runner- with the crest. Absolutely gorgeous ducks gofasterstripe. You are very lucky to have picked up some that look so wonderful.... If they were mine I certainly wouldnt have sold them.

Quote:
I was amazed to get such pretty ducks. I just love their coloring and their crests arent big. I dont think I would of picked them up if they had huge crests on them, but as for coloring in a runner...now that would be nice.

Quote:
They are from the lady who got the chocolate babies out of the blk/wht parents...you commented on her post last week about the duckling with specks of black on it. I think she said they are Swedish/Pekin mix. I believe they are this years babies, they are taller than my Pekins but not as wide and they walk quite bent over when they are ambling but when they get a wiggy on they are quite tall ducks. Wonder what the babies would look like if I hatched out babies from Finn your blue drake

Oo--that could be really cool. Finn has such a nice upright stance, you might be able to develop a Runner-type duck with the cool coloring--the blues will go together, and the offspring will inherit a single version of the pied/magpie/bibbed gene... the following set of offspring could show some instances of the double dose of bibbed/pied/whatever... you'll hatch out blacks, blues, and silvers in that mix too. And if you consistently select for a nice tall carriage, you could create exactly what everyone's talking about--the runner with that coloring. Good luck with that--would be totally cool!

Back
Top Bottom