A few of my quilting projects (lots of pics)

akpeeps

Songster
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
I've had all my quilting on hold since we moved in 7 years ago because DH was supposed to finish my upstairs and get my sewing room done. Hasn't happened and I'm tired of waiting so I took over the living room a few weeks ago. Here's a few projects I have going...

A Double Wedding Ring quilt for my sister and brother-in-law. I'm sending it to be quilted because it's too big for me to do on my sewing machine. I still need to get the backing and batting.
004-4.jpg

Here's a close up of the fabrics
005-4.jpg

A lap quilt for DH. I'm adding one more border to it.
008-3.jpg

I got this little vintage top off Ebay and I'm going to be hand quilting this one.
007-3.jpg

I'm doing the Tonga Nature block of the month from Keepsake Quilting. It's all Bali fabrics and I love the colors. I just finished block 1 a couple of days ago. Block 2 just got here and I cut the fabrics last night.
015.jpg

018.jpg

I'll also be making three Triple Irish Chain quilts...

For my niece, Emily. (I had to order the fabric for one of the chains and don't have it yet)
004-Copy.jpg

For my younger niece, Kaitlyn
001.jpg

And for me...I fell in love with floral print. I have to get one more turquiose fabric which I found in one of the local quilting shops. $10.50/yd, but I only need 1 yd and it's perfect.
010.jpg

011.jpg

I have a gazillion more UFO's I'll probably never finish.

Last edited:
And, I can't forget the chicken theme blocks...

Can't take credit for these two, I got them off Ebay. The maker has several retired chicken/rooster print fabrics she's made blocks from. I'm going to do a wallhanging for my kitchen with these.
005-Copy.jpg

004-Copy2.jpg

And Keepsake Quilting has the whole All Cooped Up series. These are the four I'm starting with. They're fusible web applique.
002-Copy.jpg

I love your quilt tops, I have a top just like picture number 4. I believe the pattern is called grandmother's flower garden. The one I have has a bright pink borders, and multiple colors for the flower part. I was planning to hand quilt it also. I also have the number for a lady in southern Utah that machine quilts at a very reasonable rice. I was very happy with her work. All of your quilt tops a beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Wow you did an awesome job on all of those! Your sister and BIL will be so lucky to get that wedding ring quilt. I've always wanted to try one of those. Are they hard to do?
I found one called a bali wedding ring quilt that I am going to order the pattern for. My dd would love your retro/vintage quilt, I am going to have to show her that. The colors on your Tonga quilt are fabulous! I just looked at that website lol. It has some really nice fabrics.

Quote:
Thank you! I have couple more vintage Grandmother's Flower Garden tops made with feedsack material that I bought to restore. One is from the 1920's and one is just the blocks from the 1940's. I don't know why but Grandmother's Flower Garden is one of my favorite patterns. I had a blast trying to find reproduction fabrics that matched the original material.
We have a few people up here that doing the quilting but they are alway sooooo busy. I'd like to talk to her if you don't mind giving me her number.

Quote:
Thank you! I hope they like it. I took a Wedding Ring photo quilt class several years ago. I did a lot of ripping out and redoing seams. I think the rounded seams intimidate me.
lol.png
I finally realized I just had to take my time. Just follow the directions to the letter and take your time. It doesn't help that I tend to be a perfectionist so everytime it didn't look right to me I did it over. I'm the same with triangles and getting points accurate. It frustrates me no end. That's why I decided to do the Tonga quilt block of the month. It's triangles and some paper piecing in small doses so I don't have a break down.
gig.gif
And, I'm partial to greens and burgundys and I love the Bali fabrics.

Back
Top Bottom