A few questions about chicks... :)

Kristi2chickens

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2015
I've decided what kind of chicks I want!!!
big_smile.png
I want Wyandotte chicks and Brahma chicks. I was thinking about Orpingtons too... Are these kind of chickens friendly??? One problem... They don't sell the kind of chicks I want here!!!
he.gif
So, do I order from a hatchery??? If so, which one do you guys suggest??? I was thinking 4 to 6 chicks. How many do you guys suggest??? Thanks!!!
smile.png

Last edited:
I have ordered from My Pet Chicken and have always had great success. You only have to order 4 min but shipping will be a bit pricey depending on where you are located.

How many depends on the size of your coop. I have Orpingtons and Brahmas and Wyandottes so far I like the Australorp and Orpingtons the best as far as friendly goes.

I have ordered from My Pet Chicken and have always had great success. You only have to order 4 min but shipping will be a bit pricey depending on where you are located.

How many depends on the size of your coop. I have Orpingtons and Brahmas and Wyandottes so far I like the Australorp and Orpingtons the best as far as friendly goes. 
Thank you very much!!! So are Brahmas and Wyandottes not friendly???

One of my ladies is a SL Wyandotte. She is reasonably friendly but lays much smaller eggs than the others. Average size is 44 grams where my Golden Comet (most friendly and funny!) lays about 68-70 gram eggs, and my Leghorn averages 62 grams. I do have to say though, Silver Laced Wyandotte's are very pretty chickens.

Edit to say that article seems pretty spot on describing them! MaryAnn looks just like the Silver Laced ones in the picture!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom