a few questions . . .

vathan

Hatching
12 Years
May 1, 2007
hi guys can anoyone help me out with these questions?

1. can i advertise my eggs for sale as free range?
my 10 chickens are kept in a 25 x 35 ft pen, they pretty much just wander around as they want. free rangers?

2. im trying to get them to use a hatch which goes from their small holding pen (which has their coop in it) into the large pen.

ive made the hatch slightly raised up (about 2.5 ft) to stop unwanted animals getting in, and have put a small ramp so they can easily get in/out. thing is none of them seem to get the idea, and dont connect going into the pen to lay eggs/roost etc, with walking up the ramp. they just pace up and down the perimeter of the fence looking in.

my two small bantams and 2 other chickens have worked it out, and come to and fro, but the others (ex battery hens) dont seem to able to grasp the idea!

any ideas?

thanks a lot!

I think you can advertise as cage free, since they are penned. Ours get let out and go anywhere on our property that they want.

They will soon learn the door. You can push them through a few times or open the hatch all the way and toss treats through the opening to give them the idea.

Back
Top Bottom