A few stupid questions about quail

morelcabin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario Canada
I know nothing about quail, but have been thinking about trying something other than chickens. Are they the same thing as pheasants? Do they dress out like partridge does...just step on the wings and pull on the feet? Are they pretty much the same as partridge? What are the differences? How do you dress out quail? I know, stupid questions, but I would really like to know! Thanks!

I know nothing about how they dress compaired to a partridge but i deffiantly reccomend coturnix for eating and what not
smile.png
They are in the scientific name of "Galforms (sp?) and im pretty sure pheasants are in that category as well as grouse and what not.

Thanks Monarc:>) I like partridge, and love how easy they are to dress, I'm looking for something similar...I absolutley hate having to dress chickens out, too much work for me lol!

you're welcome!
smile.png
Well as far as easy goes...yes they are.. the skin comes right off with the feathers, and its' pretty much just a quick pull here pull there wala!
smile.png

It's too bad you're so far away, I'd buy some from you! haha! I just found out that you can just step on the wings and pull the feet. You're left with the breast on a set of wings. Very easy...

Back
Top Bottom