IMG_2484.jpg

DH and I made.
IMG_2431.jpg

DH and I made.
IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg
DH and I made entertainment center, Don't mind my jars and such it's canning season.
idunno.gif

Wow. Great looking stuff and fabulous quality! You are quite an acomplished craftsman...craftswoman...CRAFTSPERSON (so hard to tell on a forum!!!) Do you make your living at your craft?

Duh... should have checked your signature and done a better job of reading the labels on the pics... craftswoman and DH. What a great team!

Last edited:
Thanks Everybody for your kindness, I do okay there are some far more talented folks on this forum, really talented, I enjoy making-painting things for around the house.
Watboe
Wow. Great looking stuff and fabulous quality! You are quite an acomplished craftsman...craftswoman...CRAFTSPERSON (so hard to tell on a forum!!!) Do you make your living at your craft?

My DH and I used to rent a booth to sell our makings in. It was located in a sweet 'lil' town nearby known for it's antique/primitive shops here in KY. We closed our booth because we needed a more steady income for me, so I work part-time (more like full-time) as a admin. assistant now. I love my job and praise God for it, but miss making things too. We still take in orders from folks though. I just don't have time to make enough to keep a booth well stocked. Some months would be slow in the booth, then I would come back to check on 2-weeks later and would be picked thin. So a lot of work from time to time. Oh I am making homade ornaments for the ornament exchange on here, and maybe a little surprise for whoever I get. God Bless! Thanks for looking.​

I am familiar with the challenges of making a living with one's art. I am a painter at heart and by training, but I make my living as a landscape designer. I love both ... though if money were no object though I would be painting all of the time!

My work has always been figurative, human and non-human figures. My chickens are very inspirational, so I am itching to spend time drawing and painting them. I have done a lot of comissioned pieces in the past that feature clients' animal companions, but no chickens! I can't wait to have some free time to paint my own pals.

("Free time" is a phrase that makes my laugh. I am in-office fifty hours per week and have a young daughter and husband at home... plus a farm full of critters to care for. Oh, did I mention hay season, straw season, Brownies, karate, gymnastics, and the typical day-to-day cooking and cleaning? I might have some time to paint when I reach the 80 year mark.)

What is that great Grandma Moses quote about "if I hadn't started to paint I would have kept chickens" or something like that! It is in someone's forum signature.

Watboe,
I work for a lawn and landscape company they have a website www.Okeslandscaping.com if you want to look. They do a great job and wonderful owners-people to work for, truly a blessing. Do you have any pics of your art to show? I would love to see some. I to would like to paint/draw portraits of my chooks.

Back
Top Bottom