A few very important questions

LLCoyote

Chirping
8 Years
May 24, 2011
Hey all! I'm experiance difficulties again x.x as if half of my property being under water wasn't a big enough pain (my ducks show no objections to this) I'm having a few issues with my ducks. My male, who is usually very sweet and kind of a push over, stopped breeding the girls for a while because the pool was down and they started to grow some feathering back that they had lost... now the pool is back up and he's at them again. Jerking feathers out really bad. They don't seem to be in pain but I don't like it. It can't be healthy. A woman is selling WH ducklings not far from me but it's COLD and I can't bring a brooder inside. I could make one outside, if that would be OK, away form the other ducks, but will they be safe or will they most likely die?

Another thing is one of my girls is... um... well...fat. Like really fat. My other two ducks are great weight. It's just her. Do I need to be scared of health complications? I read somewhere extra weight is really bad for water fowl. I'm not sure how to get her to eat less, because I feed all the ducks in one pen at night.

And lastly and most importantly, I went out today and saw that the same duck (the fat one) looks like she has a huge lump on one side of her neck! I picked her up and poked and felt but I felt nothing. Just feathers and skin, no lump but I swear when I look at her one side of her neck is larger than the other. Should I worry about this if I don't feel anything? Could it just be the way her feathers look because my male is pulling them out? Any help you guys can give would be awsome <3

You can have a brooder outside. Its been done many time. Just make sure its well insulated and has proper heating. Now yes adding weight can have some affect on her health. However do not with hold food. This can have even more issues. I would suggest slowly cut back on porpotions and add more greens in. Sorry i dont know anything about the last question

Back
Top Bottom