A fight! A fight!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
My chicks are 6 days old today and since day 3 I have noticed two of my light brahma girls fighting. It starts with some angry stares, then they exchange angry peeps, and then the claws come up and they go at it. I'm not concerned about them hurting each other. The fights only last a few seconds and they're so uncoordinated they rarely even make contact. I just think it's funny that they are fighting for the top spot in the pecking order so early. So far my light brahmas are the biggest of the chicks.

I have noticed the last couple of days a few of the chicks in the brooder have been doing the samething - it normallys starts with the same stare and few chest bumps and it only last a few seconds - but it is funny to watch them I cant wait till I can put them out in thier temp hoop coop and see how they are with a little more room to move around

Julie

Mine are doing the same thing. I have one d'uccle that sits back and watches the other three and breaks the fights up. the rest just bother each other and want to sit on top of the feeder.

Back
Top Bottom