A fish comparison. Please read!

PippyChicken

Songster
10 Years
Jul 2, 2009
AL
So I'm gonna get some fish for my pet duck,probably just gold fish. This is a dumb question but should I buy them from Wal-Mart or Petco? The petco's goldfish here are all in a cage together and they cage is pretty gross and there's dead fish everywhere.At Wal-Mart all the goldfish at Wal-Mart have cleaner tanks and not very many dead fish. So shouldn't I buy from Wal-Mart?

Last edited:
I would get mine from a local pet store. They are usually much cleaner and care about their fish and most of the time are privately owned, so your not supporting big corporations.

Aside from that get them wherever is the most clean.

Last edited:
Quote:
I would buy from wal-Mart. No wonder they're dying at Petco, they need to be in tanks. Cages just don't hold water very well.
lau.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.
wink.png

Feeder goldfish are kept in stressful conditions. If you didn't see dead ones at Wal-Mart that's because they are doing a better job at pulling the floaters when they see them.

Have you tried any bait shops? They may have minnows if not goldfish, which are just as good, if not a little better.

birdaholic-
gig.gif
Oops! I ment tanks hahahaha!

Okay I went with Petco. I first went to Wal-Mart and we were going to get them there but most of them looked like they were about to die and no one came to help us even after we asked. I went to Petco and there was a friendly man who gave us about 20-30 goldfish for $3.00 and they were 13 cents apiece and at Wal-Mart they were 27 cents!
ep.gif

Finding someone to catch fish at walmart is next to impossible. I once had them page someone twice then got sent to another department who sent me to the patio furniture and outdoor department where someone finally agreed with much grumbling to net out the fish I wanted. Most walmart fish also have short lifespans. When you go to a pet store be sure to ask when they last got in a shipment of fish. There will be lots of deaths the first few days and overwhelm the staff but there should not be many deaths or dead fish floating around for long after a couple days.

Back
Top Bottom