A fisher cat?

The thing is is a Fisher to Coyote is much like how a Badger will hold off a Bear. They've got attitude in spades. Serious ferocious. But yeah, a pack can easily take these solitary critters.

I've heard tales up here where fishers went thrugh house window screens at night to get indoor cats...

Fisher cats are solitary hunters and they primarily prey upon hares, rabbits, squirrels, mice, shrews, and porcupines. Their diet may also contain small birds, fruit and berries, as well as deer.
Fishers sometimes eat ground nesting birds such as grouse and turkeys. They often target at the eggs of birds. Also in some areas fishers kill large numbers of chickens and ducks and cause pain to the farmers.
Even these also eat small pets like cats and dogs when their is scarcity of food resources. So either you should stop sending your ducks out or do something targeting the fisher cat.

Quote:
Thanks for the info, real_redhead, those pics are certainly scarey! I hope I don't ever run into one of these creatures! Have many or any of you out there ever actually seen any of these? In farmland? Didn't realize they could get that big!
th.gif

Quote:
Thanks for the info, real_redhead, those pics are certainly scarey! I hope I don't ever run into one of these creatures! Have many or any of you out there ever actually seen any of these? In farmland? Didn't realize they could get that big!
th.gif

Quote:
some of the best bobcat catches I have made have been at turkey farms I am not sure why cats are so fond of turkeys but I bet a lot of other critters get blamed for what a B'cat is doing
smile.png

Fishers generally hunt a fairly fixed circuit over a period of time.

They go through an area and then aren't seen (figuratively speaking) for several weeks in the area.

They are not social animals at all, think of mink and weasel on steroids. After all anything that thinks porcupine is prime prey has to have an attitude "issue".

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom