1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A flock of quail have befriended our chickens...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by redwa, Sep 13, 2008.

1. redwa

redwa Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2007
    I am concerned about the health of my chickens because a flock of quail come around daily (up to 20) and hang out with our chickens. They even take dirt baths with the girls, eat their food and go in the coop! The chickens don't seem to mind. Was just wondering if I should not be encouraging this due to health concerns. I admit, it is awfully cute to see them all hanging together, especially when the cats and dog and deer join them...

2. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    I hope is it safe too, but that is toooo cute [​IMG] I would like to see that. I think as long as they all look and act healthy it should be ok. Don't listen to me though, I am not a vet. I don't know how likley animals are to catch diseases. Kids though, touch everything in site and put their hands in their mouth and they don't catch anything too bad. I think with people and animals the most important part of good health and immune system is diet. So, make sure they eat all their veggies [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by