A-frame frame angle

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Candice's Peeps, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Candice's Peeps

Candice's Peeps Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2010
    Northeast PA
    Hello!

My husband is building me an A-frame chicken tractor (no wheels). He has the bottom frame done, but is having a hard time figuring out the angle for the boards to meet at the top (the apex). If you could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you.

2. Candice's Peeps

Candice's Peeps Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2010
    Northeast PA
    It's 4 feet wide at the base...

3. Wise Woman

Wise Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    The Enchanted Forest
    Hi. We are just finishing up building an A frame tractor. I don't know exactly what the angle is but I posted pictures on this thread if that would help.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=515310&p=1

My husband cut the 2x4s and I am not sure how it figured it out. He is no carpenter, so I am sure he didn't do it the correct way, but it got done, so I am happy! Good luck.

4. txhomegrown

txhomegrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Como, TX
  5. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Candice's Peeps :

Hello!

My husband is building me an A-frame chicken tractor (no wheels). He has the bottom frame done, but is having a hard time figuring out the angle for the boards to meet at the top (the apex). If you could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you.

Easiset way is to fasten two boards temporarily at the base and have them meet at center crossing over. Mark the point where they meet top and bottom and cut that angle. you can do the same for where they attach at the base. too

I drew a sketch but there is a problem with my down load. So I will have to try tomorrow.​

6. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

OK here is the picture I tried to up load the other day.... Sorry it took so long you probably have already figured it out.

[​IMG]

happy coop building.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by