A Funny Little Hen

Quote:
Oh, yeah, let a hen go broody and watch how many eggs she'll steal out of other hens' nests. I caught one hiding an egg in her wing going from one area of the coop to another to get to her own nest.

Gotta love a chicken with a felony record.
smile.png

Quote:
The nests are designed so that all Anne has to do is open the door, reach down, and remove the eggs from the back of the nest box. Plus, I don't want to have to walk into the coops to get the eggs. The rooster goes crackers, then all the hens and other roosters start raising a cacophony of cackling, clucking, and protest of the invasion of the thing from Mars for about ten minutes. It couldn't be worse if I were a fox.

Sounds like several good reasons you can't go with this particular flow. Oh, well.

gig.gif
How Funny! I had no idea hens could carry eggs.

Maybe that's where all my eggs are going.... guess I should "strip search" 'em.
big_smile.png

This is the first year I have broody breeds. I'm looking forward to the antics!

I blocked an area of my coop where I did not want the hens to keep laying. Then they decided to use the nest.

Quote:
Oh, yeah, let a hen go broody and watch how many eggs she'll steal out of other hens' nests. I caught one hiding an egg in her wing going from one area of the coop to another to get to her own nest.

Okay...I'm naive enough to believe this.

Back
Top Bottom