A good Deed for the day with a surprise reward

smpezzi

Songster
11 Years
Jun 4, 2008
Mid-Michigan
We just got back from our good deed for the day well actually the good deed started yesterday. We have new neighbors and my son was playing with them, they all went down to the end of the road just in time to see two girls throwing something around, turns out it was newborn bunnies they were tossing around like rag dolls, the mother had already been killed by the one girl's dog as well as one baby. The boys were all so upset that later they went back down to see if they could find the bunnies. They were only able to find one and brought it back asking me and the other mom to save it. So I got out the newborn chick box (already serilized sp) and put shavings in it and we brought the baby in and I set to some research since I know nothing about baby bunnies. Skip to today the baby is still alive and well so I start making calls the first wildlife rescue person I talk to says "it will just die anyway" so I decide no way am I taking it to her so I call the vet to see about milk replacer and get advice and they give the the name and number of another woman so I call her, turns out one of her females just gave birth yesterday and has fostered wild bunnies before so JJ and I take it to her YAY she had a wonderful set up with all sorts of rescued animals all in wonderful shape and obviously happy! We spent probably an hour with her talking about animals etc then we start talking about chickens (she had a bunch) and she told us that if we want more at any point we can come see her and also she offered that if we can't find good homes for the roo's we will eventually have to give up she will happily take them
big_smile.png
Now for the surprise reward Matthew got a new kitty! She had a special one that was dumped off in her ditch and she has been looking for just the right home for it and offered it to us AND she is affiliated with ARK and she is going to let me know when the next round of free spaying is so I can get both girls spayed for free! I feel so good about the bunny too what a nice day it has been so far and I am so proud of all the boys for rescuing the baby bunny and understanding why it needed to go to the new home!

That surprises me that LITTLE girls would toss baby bunnies round and kill them, their parents obviously haven't taught them respect at all. If I was their I seriously would of paddled their rear ends. Im glad you taught your son well.
smile.png

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Hooray You are a very great example of The type of parent this world needs...
clap.gif

You are raising your children to respect and care. And they have seen through you that , they can make a difference. You have 2 wonderful kids..
clap.gif

I unforunatanly see young people come through this office ( I work for the County Sheriff's Department) and some on repeating visits... And their parents act as if their child would never do wrong and it is always some one else to blame. These young people have never been held responsable for things when they were little. They have no respect for others. And just a month ago we had delivered a 19 year old to Dept of Corrections for the 2nd time. This time he will be there for 7 years. This always saddens me to see this
sad.png

I sure hope someone was able to talk to the parents of the girls who were harming the bunnies. There maybe some issues there...
idunno.gif

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

You are wonderful parents tell DH he has 2 great kids and you both should be very proud
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Ditto! I'm surprised girls were doing this and not boys, but with all the violence all kids are exposed to, I guess I shouldn't be. Poor bunnies...
sad.png

Thank you everyone for the praises for the boys- They are feeling quite proud of themselves over the whole situation.

The one little girl has a bit of a history with baby animals, her one dog had puppies last month and she was caught the day they were born pulling them out and passing them around to all the other kids and she got in trouble here for taking our rescue kittens and hanging them by their legs from chickenwire- I have already talked with her mother and she pretty much told her not to do that anymore
roll.png
the other mother I haven't gotten a call back from but I know she is working alot lately too. We are just relieved that we were able to find such a great situation for the bunny and that all our boys (my 4 that were here and the 2 across the street) learned a good lesson and showed themselves to care! We are planning to go visit the lady who was able to take the bunny in next week and the boys want to do some work for her to thank her for being there to take in all these wonderful animals and to thank her for our new kitty too!

Back
Top Bottom