A Guinea pig or a rabbit? **The decision is made!!! Update post #44

Quote:
Oh I always wanted to be an evil friend! Really! LOL

You're looking for Lionheads! Maybe try the 4-H in your area. If you're going to do this you might as well buy show or breeding quality if you're going to get 3. LOL

Rabbits multiple even before breeding them if you let them. hehehehe

LMAO!!!! I just had to show my baby with them big ol ears. She is my favorite. She HATED me at first, and now she just waits for me. I LOVE her.

So far I have found a ton of California and Lops of all kinds but no Lionheads
sad.png
I'm putting an ad on Craigslist to see what else is in the area because the Californias and Lops are from the local 4-H so I have to go a bit farther to see what is out there.

When my kids were young we had both, guinea pigs and rabbits. I could be talked into a guinea pig again if there was one that needed a home, another rabbit, NEVER.

To the OP - Why not consider a rat? Smart, clean and can be trained.

* Evil the wild bunny doesn't count in my opinion of rabbits.

Quote:
OOh yeah! Good idea! A rat... i have heard sooo many good things about them as pets. Good idea!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Getting ready to run away for the night to an A's game, but what cities do you live near? I can send you some contacts of Lionhead breeders.

I had the best little bunny when I was nine, and showed guinea pigs, and had a pet tri-roan teddy not much later on. No need to explain or justify why you are buying your daughter a pet! I've met six year-olds who are more responsible and pay more attention to their animals than adults.

Rats make awesome pets, very interactive and full of personality. Rabbits have the potential to cause more serious injury if aggressive, but generally they are playful and can be very tame. Guinea pigs can be great cuddlers if you are patient with them. Each have their own health risks, care requirements, and general demeanors and behaviors. Probably could write a few novels on each, so I'd say subtly see which one your daughter likes best.
smile.png

Guinea pigs all the way! The urine is not as strong of a smell, very friendly, vocal when you come around. I had them for years, even rescued several. They are just the best. Rabbits bite and kick and die of stress far easier than guineas. They need a lot more space and SHOULD NOT have a bunny friend. Even if both females or males are fixed, there is no guarantee they will STAY friends in the long run. And boy can they cause serious damage if they fight!

Quote:
Getting ready to run away for the night to an A's game, but what cities do you live near? I can send you some contacts of Lionhead breeders.

I have someone with SQ juniors and some proven breeders that they have to sell and she said if I had someone she would make a good deal also if they want more than one. Tell me you're somewhere near the Wylie area.

I would get a rabbit.
Guinea Pigs smell bad.
Also, a Loinhead is not a recognized breed by ARBA. So, if you are planning on showing them I would choose another breed.

We raise and show Netherland Dwarfs, Californians, Mini satins & New Zealands.
All have great personalities.
Good Luck!!

Guniea pigs can be held and played with with out being as likely to scratch and bite. As for urine smaell,you can get a liquid that you put in the water and it kills the odor. Works for both rabbits and g.pigs. Its just a lot easier for an inexperienced or young person to get a slap from those big hind legs. And those long scratches hurt too!

Back
Top Bottom