A Hammerhead introduction

hammerhead

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 1, 2009
Houston, TX
Hi,

This is my first time on this site. I first want to explain who Hammerhead was. He was a China Brown goose that was a total mess when it came to people. He wanted to be held all the time and my wife even carried him to the mail box from time to time to keep him from following her to the road. I have so many stories I could tell about him but I won't except to say he is no longer with us.

I do have about 25 chickens, 11 geese and over thirty ducks that stay on our property. The geese and chicken I put up at night. The Mallards are their own birds and usually stay on the pond due to the coyotes.

I really want to know more about the chickens. I have two populations living in seperate coops. I know what some of the chicken are and others, I'm not so sure. I do know what all of them were suppose to be but I have yet to hear of a crowing hen (my recent RIR pullets). I'll look around the site and see if I can find the answers to some of my questions. If not, I'll ask. I've had chickens for only about 6 years so I am a newcomer to the hobby. take care and stay warm.

Hammerhead

Last edited:
Awwwwwww, Hammerhead sounds like he was precious.
welcome-byc.gif
from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us!

Back
Top Bottom