A hangable, chargeable light bulb-no electricity needed

hayley3

Free Ranging
16 Years
Aug 16, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
I found these on Amazon and loved them so much, I wanted to share.
They can be hung in your coop and they come with a small remote. I take the remote with me to the coop and the bulbs light up my 12x20 coop wonderfully. If you forget the remote they have a tiny button you can push too but I prefer the remote.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C232TWW3?th=1

I wish they'd had these years ago.

Will it operate while charging (plugged in), or do you have to take it out and recharge all the time?
I only use it at night, so it doesn't get much use....but yes you would take it back in the house and recharge it...normally I only use the light when I go out to the coop to turn off the fans later or something like that.

I'm sure it would operate while plugged in not sure why you would need to do that.

I'm sure it would operate while plugged in not sure why you would need to do that.
The reason I asked is because some of my chickens will wait until it is quite dark before they go into the coop. Then, they have a difficult time getting onto the roosts because they can't see (or sometimes they get locked out completely because the automatic door closes and they haven't gone in). So, I thought if I had a dim light that I could operate with a remote / timer inside the coop, it might ameliorate both issues. I do have electricity in the coop, that's why I asked if it would operate while plugged in (so I could have it come on briefly at dusk, and then turn off once everyone is roosted, but not have to re-charge it all the time).... :)

The reason I asked is because some of my chickens will wait until it is quite dark before they go into the coop. Then, they have a difficult time getting onto the roosts because they can't see (or sometimes they get locked out completely because the automatic door closes and they haven't gone in). So, I thought if I had a dim light that I could operate with a remote / timer inside the coop, it might ameliorate both issues. I do have electricity in the coop, that's why I asked if it would operate while plugged in (so I could have it come on briefly at dusk, and then turn off once everyone is roosted, but not have to re-charge it all the time).... :)
If you have electricity you can use an Echo dot to control a lightbulb. I just bought an Echo Spot for $17 (may be more expensive now) and you can buy a LifX mini bulb (They fit into a regular bulb socket) for around $10, but I've never used one outside. I have light bulbs in every room in lamps that I control via Alexa voice. But of course the light bulb I shared is the cheaper option.

Yes, they would work for that. Only problem is the remote only works from about 5-6 meters, no further, I think.. So you would probably have to go out to the coop to turn it off/on.

Ours is a solar charger but can be plugged into a usb port/adapter instead. It works perfectly while plugged in.

The specific ones we got have cool and warm light, plus bright and dim. The cool light is ideal for inspecting your birds at night. The warm/dim would probably work well for what you are looking for. So look around amazon for a version that offers extra dimming options maybe.

Yes, they would work for that. Only problem is the remote only works from about 5-6 meters, no further, I think.. So you would probably have to go out to the coop to turn it off/on.

Ours is a solar charger but can be plugged into a usb port/adapter instead. It works perfectly while plugged in.

The specific ones we got have cool and warm light, plus bright and dim. The cool light is ideal for inspecting your birds at night. The warm/dim would probably work well for what you are looking for. So look around amazon for a version that offers extra dimming options maybe.
Thank you!! 😊

Back
Top Bottom