A hatch too cute not to share :)

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by PeepsCA, May 29, 2011.

1. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    My most recent hatch, what an amazing color assortment [​IMG] Hatching all these adorable colors is so much fun (I love guessing, or trying to guess what colors they are while they are still wet!). Selling them is the hard part tho, I want to keep almost every single keet! I've got a keeper list of 40+ keets so far, and I'm not even half way into the hatching season yet, lol.

[​IMG]

2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] How can something soooo cute turn into something soooo........um......Guinea-ish?

3. PeepsCA

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    [​IMG] I know! My Mom pretty much says the same thing, lol. This is probably my 75th hatch since I started incubating/hatching and she was finally lucky enough to be here during a hatch. She had a blast handling them and dipping beaks once they were dried and fluffed. She keeps telling me if I ever hatch a mute keet she wants it (she lives in a housing development in the outskirts of the Sacramento area and poultry isn't allowed, so she has to have a quiet Guinea, lol).

At least they are somewhat useful when they hit the peak of their Guinea-ishness! I have no ticks, no rattle snakes and no grasshoppers! They even wiped out the wolf spider population around here (BIG HAIRY FAST spiders that give me the heebie jeebies!)!!!

Their skittish ways, never ending personality quirks and the noise level sometimes drives me nuts... OK more than sometimes, lol, but ya gotta love em anyway [​IMG]

4. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, they're beautiful! Glad your mom could be there to enjoy, too.

5. Anianna

Anianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    N/E of Richmond, VA
    Ohmahgosh! Your cotton balls grew feet!

They're so freakin' cute.

6. PeepsCA

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    [​IMG] LOL!

I think it's next to impossible to pick out a favorite color keet, they are all so dang cute. I spend hours just staring at them, watching them (when my nose isn't pressed to the hatcher window that is), lol.

7. kyle7630

kyle7630 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Semora NC
    Wow, those are some cool colors. Congrats on the hatch! What all colors will those turn out to be?

8. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    I'm blown away from your cute keets. Too bad that you are not closer ...[​IMG]

9. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    How many have you hatched this year?

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Wow, love all the colors [​IMG] Very cute, too. Congrats on a great hatch [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by