A hearty hello from the Golden State

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by farmchix, Jan 5, 2010.

1. farmchix

farmchix New Egg

Jan 4, 2010
    Anaheim
    My adult children and I live right down the street from the most famous mouse in the world, in Anaheim, CA. Our last chicken-raising experience was in the mountains of San Diego, CA. We had an 11 acre ranch/farmstead, and I'll be posting photos on my Page.

Our peeps became successful layers, and we had 4 breeds that the local farm supply said would do well up in our mountain area. It was a sad day when, before moving away, we had to adopt out our loving little flock. :-(

We are urban homesteaders, and try to raise most of our food. We are now to the point of again wishing to add chickens to our happy family. These chickens will be layers, and not dinner.

I also have experience in much younger days of living on a Mennonite farm with 160,000 broilers in Lancaster, PA. A few more PA farm experiences followed, with chickens and other livestock to care for. Fun times.

We hope to become active members on the forums here, and learn more about heat-loving, urban living breeds. Hope to meet YOU soon!

barb, and family

2. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hey Barb! Nice name! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us!

4. farmchix

farmchix New Egg

Jan 4, 2010
    Anaheim
    Thanks, you two. Still trying to get the hang of the My Page thing... It's way different than any other one I've used on my other gazillion social sites.... please bear with me. I hope to have more photos and expanations to go with each.

Maybe my tech-savvy YD can help me figure it out. Right now, she's busy designing the perfect coop.

5. hensplease

hensplease Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    welcome nieghbor [​IMG]

6. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    [​IMG] Glad to see another from California. Also glad to hear there is still land enough in Anaheim to farmsted!

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington

Imp

8. Kenyon's Poultry

Kenyon's Poultry Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2010
    Steuben County
    [​IMG]
    Welcome from Up State NY!!

9. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm in North Central Florida (Ocala)
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by