A hearty hello from the Golden State

farmchix

Hatching
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
Anaheim
My adult children and I live right down the street from the most famous mouse in the world, in Anaheim, CA. Our last chicken-raising experience was in the mountains of San Diego, CA. We had an 11 acre ranch/farmstead, and I'll be posting photos on my Page.

Our peeps became successful layers, and we had 4 breeds that the local farm supply said would do well up in our mountain area. It was a sad day when, before moving away, we had to adopt out our loving little flock. :-(

We are urban homesteaders, and try to raise most of our food. We are now to the point of again wishing to add chickens to our happy family. These chickens will be layers, and not dinner.

I also have experience in much younger days of living on a Mennonite farm with 160,000 broilers in Lancaster, PA. A few more PA farm experiences followed, with chickens and other livestock to care for. Fun times.

We hope to become active members on the forums here, and learn more about heat-loving, urban living breeds. Hope to meet YOU soon!

barb, and family

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks, you two. Still trying to get the hang of the My Page thing... It's way different than any other one I've used on my other gazillion social sites.... please bear with me. I hope to have more photos and expanations to go with each.

Maybe my tech-savvy YD can help me figure it out. Right now, she's busy designing the perfect coop.

Back
Top Bottom