A HECTIC morning

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Why and Dotte, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Why and Dotte

Why and Dotte Songster

Mar 8, 2010
    Little Rock,Arkansas
    Ohh boy...
    So the old beagle wakes me up at 3am... has to go potty, THEN the puppy wakes me up at 5:30 am... has to go potty I stay up with him because he never goes back to sleep in the mornings and he always sleeps better when he gets up early anyway (it's like having a baby).
    I sit around on the computer for a while keeping the eyes in the back of my head wide open in case he has to go again, or if he decides to chew on a foreign object ( I miss when it was me and the cat in the mornings [​IMG] ). Well Peanut (the beagle) and Smokey (puppy) start rough housing inside I don't think much of it, it's only a problem at night when people have cups full to the top sitting around everywhere....
    All of a sudden I hear a crash and a splash...I should just go back to bed. That boy is so clumsy he ran right into an end table that my dad left a huge cup of coffee on, onto the floor that went the carpet and pillows and remote soaked it right up no worries the dogs and camera are ok, but my freaking out scared them a little.
    They went on playing while I scurried around the trailer trying to find a a towel that isn't wet already, difficult task but I manage to find some I come back and there's a PEE spot on the floor! I had only let him in and out 10 times, I'm glad this carpet already looks like crap.
    So I clean a coffee stain and a pee stain and they go on playing again.
    What was I thinking when I wanted a puppy [​IMG]

I was thinking a farm guard dog not couch potato [​IMG] gotta love him

2. turney31

turney31 Songster

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Boy do I know how you feel. We have a Beagle also, I think they mature and settle down at about 15 years old [​IMG] . I also had the idea I needed a puppy A beautiful Black mouth cur. She is quite the little clown. I just thought house cleaning would get easier when the kids left.

Micah

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Crowing

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I hear you too. I have an old newfoundland mix, a 2 year old bichon that needs ritalin and a cavalier king charles puppy. You would think I could get them all on the same potty schedule.

And they all love to wrestle together. In fact my bichon wakes up bored in the middle of the night and since the puppy (who sleeps like a log) won't play with her she puts her face and paws up on the bed and whimpers at me. My husband always thinks she wants to go to the bathroom - I say she is just bored and there hasn't been an accident yet.

Gotta love 'em!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by