A late introduction

jennyb

Songster
9 Years
Aug 17, 2013
i am Jen, a retired art teacher in Tallahassee, Fl. I have been into poultry for about 20 years. We have 8 acres. We have had dozens of predator issues over the years and various mishaps: hurricanes, coyotes, bobcats, dogs, snakes, raccoons, foxes and humans. But the last few years we have had a good success with eggs and got a fairly good incubator. We have been able to add some new blood to the ladies and gents. We also raise Toulouse geese. I am currently disabled and mobile on a scooter and my husband does the daily work, but I watch on Arlo security cams that keep me involved, and can also actively do the incubating and brooding. Hm, that sounds like I sit on the eggs! I have been on the site for 4 years but never did an intro. I live next door to my daughter's family, three grandkids. My son and his wife live across town. I paint and my work can be found at Fine Art America and ArtFinder, under my name, Jennifer Buerkle. I also love to crochet but arthritis keeps that activity brief.

Hi Jen and welcome to BYC :frow Better late than never:weeYou've got some really nice work there. I loved "Off To The Royal Wedding" Again, and we're so glad you have joined us:ya

i am Jen, a retired art teacher in Tallahassee, Fl. I have been into poultry for about 20 years. We have 8 acres. We have had dozens of predator issues over the years and various mishaps: hurricanes, coyotes, bobcats, dogs, snakes, raccoons, foxes and humans. But the last few years we have had a good success with eggs and got a fairly good incubator. We have been able to add some new blood to the ladies and gents. We also raise Toulouse geese. I am currently disabled and mobile on a scooter and my husband does the daily work, but I watch on Arlo security cams that keep me involved, and can also actively do the incubating and brooding. Hm, that sounds like I sit on the eggs! I have been on the site for 4 years but never did an intro. I live next door to my daughter's family, three grandkids. My son and his wife live across town. I paint and my work can be found at Fine Art America and ArtFinder, under my name, Jennifer Buerkle. I also love to crochet but arthritis keeps that activity brief.
Hi! I would say welcome to BYC but since you have been on here for a while, I guess that wouldn't be appropriate!
I am sorry you can't be outside with your chickens!
I love crotcheting! I learned from a neighbor when I was younger. I am currently working on a large granny square which will (or I am planning it will) cover my bed. I still have a ways to go though!
I am going to check out some of your art later.

Back
Top Bottom