A lesson I learn the hard way

Daisygirl

Songster
10 Years
Nov 10, 2009
New Zealand
We were kyacking round to a beach for lunch. It had about ten metres of mud-type sand leading up to mangroves. Me and my kyacking buddy were first to arrive, so I jumped out onto the solid looking mud and held the bow of the boat while he got out. Trouble is, by the time he had walked around the kyack I was up to my knees in mud
gig.gif
. So I tried to get out of the holes my legs had made...and fell flat on my face. I managed to scramble up onto the kyack so I stopped sinking.

My sandshoes had been sucked off by the mud, so I had to fish them out. By the time that was done, I was brown all over and all of us were laughing. I sat them on the sand, and scrambled back out of the kyack without my sandshoes on...and of course I sank right back into the mud.

After extricticating myself again I found that we had to move the kyack a hundred metres or so along the beach - - and every single step of it the mud. Without my shoes on.

By the time we had got to the pontoon where we were having lunch, my feet were shreaded like nothing else, and bleeding like it too. The one good thing that has come out of this is that I have learned to wear shoes on beaches, no matter how solid the mud looks.

This is four days later - - - we have done bush bashing, kyacking, abseiling, swimming, and I have felt the cuts on my feet every step of the way. However, now that camp is over, I have been soaking my cuts in dettol for the last half hour and hoping that the sand comes out. The price one pays for a simple mistake...
roll.png

For us down here summer=Christmas...I cant imagine it being cold this time of year, and it doesnt snow where I am anyways...
hmm.png
anyways, its funny now I can walk again
lol.png

gig.gif
and dettol - I haven't heard that in a long time, used to have that handy my entire childhood!

My hubby and I were just discussing how I grew up with Christmas in summer, and how great it was, and to him, Christmas is cold and thats just how its supposed to be to him.

Christmas in summer is the best, running around on the beach (with shoes
gig.gif
NOT)

Dettol!!!

My DH LOVES that stuff for some reason lol We have to get it form the import store here in WA, but we stock up on it for him. He is so addicted to this stuff...he actually pours a cupful in the bath to lounge in lol

I just roll my eyes....but as soon as he is out of that tub the cats will NOT step foot near him or the bathroom for a good hour lol

Quote:
Its the smell of it... darn I wish I had a bottle! I also used to have a capful in the bath sometimes when I was a kid, I always had roadrash or something going on.......

Quote:
only in specialty shops, not anywhere - I kinda doubt there is even a drop in Nebraska.
lol.png

There is plenty of Marmite in Nebraska - in my kitchen cupboard!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom