A Little Bit of Everything! *New Pictures*!

I will have Heritage Delaware eggs available in the spring.
smile.png

Where did your Dels originate? I would love to see pictures, they are my favorite breed too!
love.gif

I have a Cuckoo silkie roo that is grey with barring, and I have white bearded females..
smile.png

No pictures yet, it is way to muddy back there, but I will try to get pictures before my auction runs out.

Last edited:
My Delaware's are hatchery stock
sad.png
BUT they impress me to no end. Last winter when all the other breeds of chickens stayed in the coops and didn't lay, there were my Delawares out in the snow running around. Plus, they continued to lay even on the coldest days. My, orginial rooster came from Ideal Poultry, and my orginial pullets came from Meyer. I do believe in breeding unrelated birds. I use my roo Del from those off spring, and a new set of girls from Cackle Hatchery to breed now. Though, I do think one of my pullets came from a breeder. Are you birds from Sand Hill Perservation Society? I would love to get some chicks from there!
Lisa

Hang on, I will have to put my rubber boots on. I will go out and I can take a few pictures.
frow.gif

Here are my Delawares:
31582_pa300802.jpg

The girls:
31582_pa300800.jpg

This is Del:
31582_pa300798.jpg

My Silkies as well: (they look like the Beetles crossing Abby Road
lol.png
)
31582_pa300789.jpg

The Cuckoo Silkie Roo:
31582_pa300791.jpg

Actually, I put a picture of him on the "what breed or gender am I?" page, and a bunch of people said that he is a sex-link! At first, I could not see how this was possible, BUT I checked my hatching records, and I discovered that right around the time my rooster hatched I was hatching both Cuckoo Marans and a 'variety' pack. I knew he didn't look like the Maran pullets, but it never occurred to me that I could have mixed up the 'variety pack' and the Cuckoo Maran hatch.. Well, that is exactly what happened! So, he is my big handsome mutt. I have a small flock that is running loose on my property to control the ticks. He is part of that flock. Most of my birds are in thier own pens. Generally, the only time I mix my different breeds together is to develop my meat bird hybrids.
BUT thanks of pointing that out to me.
bow.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Sorry to say but your Silver Ameraucana is not a pure Ameraucana but an Easter Egger... Here is a photo of a true Silver Ameraucana..

(*not my picture but from the Ameraucana Breeders site)

lfsilverm.JPG

Wow your guy is beautiful, but I will email the woman I got the Amercuauna eggs from to ask her for sure that they were. I know he is bred, and I know he is an Amercauna! And it was a pullet that won grand champion at the local fair, not the rooster!
Lisa

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom