"A little chuckle"

tigerkitten45

Songster
9 Years
Feb 22, 2010
NH
Ok, in my own defense i have got to state this was my first wnter with chickens! Anyways the story goes that i had a few bantams that decided to go broody at the wrong time of the year...November. At the encouragement of my unknowing family i decided to let them go....well i got one lone chick hatched, and have had her in the house ever since....in our bedroom to be exact, lol. Well at one point i remember someone asking me when i would finally put her out and i jokingly replied well, after she lays her first egg seems like a good time, HAhaha! Well i finally felt that she would be warm enough in the barn brooder with a heat lamp now that the weather is getting warmer, then soon i will let her out with the flock during the day and finally slip her into the coop one evening. Well she went out in the barn brooder yesterday evening, i thought she must have known something was going on because she was wicked noisy yesterday and usually she hardly makes any noise. Well i went to clean out her old cage this morning and what did i find....her first egg! ROTFLMAO~

She was hiding it so she could stay in longer.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom