A Little Confused

From everything I've read people say they are one of the friendliest breeds though....and also I hand feed them and the way it pecked me was different than trying to get food but almost like an attack if that makes any sense.
they are not near one of the friendliest breeds if you want a naturally friendly breed get buff orpingtons even if you dont handle them they will pretty much sleep in your arms when you hold them

One of the most friendly breeds are the silkies as well as cochins and old english game bantams. All will let you hold them they will stay on my shoulder they come to me everytime im outside. But yea some will love you and like to be held when there young then they will grow up and not like it so much anymore. Others will ne more skittish when young but warm up to you. If you keep interacting they will still love you but might not want to be held just thrown bread and treats and stuff. Try giving them a call they will associate you with the call and give them treats. Mine all come running when i yell here GIIRRRRLLLLSSSS. They come running looking for there treats and its also good becuase if you free range and need them you just call them.

I've got a mixed flock of as ll different breeds. My friendliest is actually my Barred Rock. However, I had a similar experience with my girls. They do tend to settle down once they start laying, but mine aren't the lap chickens they once were. It's part of growing up. They are part of their own flock now. Mine come when I call them, but they don't much like being held anymore. It's bittersweet...

I've got a mixed flock of as ll different breeds. My friendliest is actually my Barred Rock. However, I had a similar experience with my girls. They do tend to settle down once they start laying, but mine aren't the lap chickens they once were. It's part of growing up. They are part of their own flock now. Mine come when I call them, but they don't much like being held anymore. It's bittersweet...
I have a mixed flock too but since alot of my flock is barred rock the coloring gets boring fast

I have 1 barred rock 2 rhode island red 1 gold sex link 1 welsummer 4 barred rock 4 cochin (Buff, white , gold laced, black) 2 black australorp 2 ameracana 3 easter eggers

I have 1 barred rock 2 rhode island red 1 gold sex link 1 welsummer 4 barred rock 4 cochin (Buff, white , gold laced, black) 2 black australorp 2 ameracana 3 easter eggers
Why do you say boring, then?

And we ought to stay on topic. Any thoughts about the breed's temperament for OP? It sounds like you have several.

Back
Top Bottom