A little duck help....

You more than likely will need more females especially if he is trying to mate the dog. In many cases a Drake's need 5-6 females and with just one female he will over mate her, injure her or worse.

Little bit of both - this is his first year? It’ll be his worst - he’s essentially a teenage boy figuring out sex for the first time, everything and anything is going to excite him. Age may (or may not) calm him. But they also go into “season”

getting him some more girls would be really beneficial to everybody - him, your existing girl, your dog, you. Occasionally people find their ducks do “bonding pairs” and the male is happy with only one and doesnt over-mate her, but more commonly if there’s not enough girls, the ones that are there really have it rough and you’ll be spending a lot of time keeping an eye on them and separating them to give her a break (which will upset them likely since there’s only the two of them)
Yes he is less than a year old. I figured it was teenage hormones acting up. He is not overly aggressive at the moment but I will keep an eye on things to make sure everyone is okay. So far he ignores the female duck but she's only been here a couple of days.

Hopefully the dog is ok
[/QUOTE]
The dog is okay. She's a large dog and when the duck gets too rowdy she just puts her paw on him. Lol Hopefully she does not end up hurting him. So far she's been gentle but I worry that could change.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200831-215838_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200831-215838_Video Player.jpg
    831.9 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom