A little embarrassing, but how can I get my drake to stop trying to “mate” me?????????

Do you always wear the same pair of shoes when outside? My little house rooster HATES a certain shoe that I wear. He's fine with every type of shoe/slipper/sandal I have, but will not tolerate my 'every day shoe' which is a just a brown leather sneaker.

So in all seriousness...Maybe Bruce has eyes for Crocs? If it's not the shoes, can you slip him a stuffed dog toy? My little house rooster likes to mate with my dog's feet and this one specific stuffed toy of hers - a brown moose. When he goes for her feet, I've been shooing him off and pointing him to the moose. He does his thing and all is calm for 10 minutes. He's getting better about leaving the poor dog alone.

Hey everyone!!

I have an embarrassing problem here… my Call drake, Bruce, keeps trying to mate me!!! I have NEVER had this happen before!! When my drakes become sexually mature they always find the girls… except this time apparently. :/ Bruce does have a hen, but he acts like he doesn’t know how to mate with her. I’m extremely confused here… what can I do to stop him? I have tried kicking him, pushing him away, etc., but he is absolutely relentless!!! Thank you in advance for your replies!!
Change your clothes, move quicker and don't lie down.
:D

Do you always wear the same pair of shoes when outside? My little house rooster HATES a certain shoe that I wear. He's fine with every type of shoe/slipper/sandal I have, but will not tolerate my 'every day shoe' which is a just a brown leather sneaker.

So in all seriousness...Maybe Bruce has eyes for Crocs? If it's not the shoes, can you slip him a stuffed dog toy? My little house rooster likes to mate with my dog's feet and this one specific stuffed toy of hers - a brown moose. When he goes for her feet, I've been shooing him off and pointing him to the moose. He does his thing and all is calm for 10 minutes. He's getting better about leaving the poor dog alone.
It's just me! The dog is his best friend though, so cute. Dwayne knows when I get home from work, runs to my car and follows me inside and just waits for the shoes to come off. Until they do he gets the exposed skin between my sock and pants. He has 8 young children currently who he wants nothing to do with. Which I use to my advantage, if they're around me, he will keep his distance. I've just accepted that this is my life now.

It's just me! The dog is his best friend though, so cute. Dwayne knows when I get home from work, runs to my car and follows me inside and just waits for the shoes to come off. Until they do he gets the exposed skin between my sock and pants. He has 8 young children currently who he wants nothing to do with. Which I use to my advantage, if they're around me, he will keep his distance. I've just accepted that this is my life now.
I'd say that's weird, but my rooster waits for the dog. Back from a walk, vet appoint, car ride, whatever... He's right there, waiting for her.

I would try getting him a stuffed dog toy and throw it to him whenever you're expecting him. If it works, great! If not, his bestie has a new toy.

Back
Top Bottom