A little help? Is this a roo or pullet?

I really hope my Grinchy-boo is a pullet. If not what's your plan?
Well.... ermmmmm.... green eggs and Grinch ham? I have SO many boys. I just realized, the list I sent you of my roosters and cockerels, didn't include my three young silkies, 2 blacks and 1 splash. I also have another 3 in that group that I'm not sure pullet / cockerel yet :idunno so many boys. I need pullets šŸ˜­

Calm as all get out. She lays down and hangs out. She will cuddle until you put her down unless she sees a watermelon or something she really wants to go do. I find it weird she bends down when I go to pet her. The others dont really bend down. Yet Celestia is up in rank so far. I get they are still establishing order though. Maybe she is more Beta energy? Olivia isn't acting like queen bee either. Idk. I'm new. I only know stuff by what I have read lol
Since chickens will redden in the face when they are angry, I can assume that Celestia's face is lightening when you are holding her because she is the opposite of angry!

While I got your guys' attention.... what about my 3 1/2 month old Birchen Marans? I've posted about it before when it was younger, but now that it's so old, I'd love some opinions.
Screenshot_20240306_182817_Gallery.jpg

Meet Olivia. She was sold to me at about 4 weeks old as a Sapphire Olive Egger. Well. I don't know much about telling the difference between roosters and hens until it is waaaay obvious, but I am having doubts here.

Olivia is around 16 to 17 weeks old now (as are the other 5 babies we got at the same time. All different breeds except 2 are RIR)

Thoughts? I was sold 6 pullets lol. I didn't didn't think anything of it until lately she has been getting redder on the face and her comb and wattle are getting bigger. Is it the breed or is she secretly a he?
Looks like a pullet to me.

Back
Top Bottom