1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A little help, please :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by RickiHupp, Oct 8, 2008.

1. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Was wondering if these babies I had were old enough to tell thier sex? I have 5 of them but I have trouble telling them apart!! So I attempted to take pictures of 5 different chickens but I do not know if I did, they may be repeats!! Thank you to whomever can help me [​IMG] I would say they are about 20 weeks, No one has crowed or layed [​IMG]

Image # 1
    [​IMG]

Image # 2
    [​IMG]

Image # 3
    [​IMG]

Image # 4
    [​IMG]

Image # 5
    [​IMG]

Any help on these would be wonderful!! The below pictures I just wanted to share with you guys!! Enjoy!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    sorry to say 1,2,3, and 5 look like roos to me but Im no expert. I have RIR and they look kind of similar and about where the smaller ones were at around 20 weeks.

3. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    #3 and #5 look like they have saddle feathers, but they also look a lot alike. Maybe that's your repeat and you only have one roo?

4. Granolamom

Granolamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    1- Roo
    2- Roo
    3- Roo
    4- Hen
    5- Roo
    Hopefully you have repeat pic's, like you said, or else.....uhoh....![​IMG]

5. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    I second that
    Roo
    roo
    roo
    Pullet
    roo

6. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    sorry if you did not take repeats then 1 and 4 are hens and 2,3,5 are roos sorry [​IMG] i have a rooster problem too by last batch of 17,10 were roos the ingrates i hatched them and cared for them and 10 were roos oh well but that is ancient history.

7. RickiHupp

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    Ohhhh lovely!!!! Well I will try to take seperate pictures of them tonight when they are in the coop. Maybe (hopefully) I took 4 pics of the same rooster haha, but knowing my luck I didnt. Oh well!!

8. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    1. Cockerel
    2. Cockerel
    3. Cockerel
    4. Pullet
    5. Cockerel
    5. Goat...with frizzle cochin and silkie...
    6. Goat! LOL!

They're New Hampshire Reds right?

9. RickiHupp

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    The lady I bought them off of told me that they are RIR but I do not think they are!

10. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    The only one that looks obviously rooish to me is #3, because the saddle feathers are pointy. The others have a few downward pointing saddle feathers, but they look pretty rounded....

#4 is definitely a pullet.

Love your darling goat!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by