A little sketch I did last night...

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Quick little sketch I did last night. Just wanted to get hte idea down on paper. The wolf turned out a little too cartooney for me, but I sort of liked the way it turned out. Gives it expression! LOL. I think it would look pretty cool as a painting or oil pastel! Let me know what you think!

n713083084_937819_3069.jpg

VERY NICE!

From and artist to an artist..... when you fill in your night sky, use very SMALL circular motions with your pencil and you'll avoid the up and down linear pattern in your night sky.

And I dont think the wolf came out to cartoon like. Better than what I could have done. I can blend/shade/fill very good, but my actual sketching lacks talent. I have a hard time using the proper side of my brain. I think I sketch from the left side of my brain too much which if I recall correctly is the part of the brain that processes math and characterizes everything.

Thanks everyone!

PouletsDeCajun,

Thanks for the advice! I don't normally shade in such large areas, but I will definitely try that method next time! I noticed I kept getting the vertical lines when I was shading but didn't know how to avoid them.

I'm not too terribly good at just sitting down and sketching anything that comes to my mind. I've been trying to practice that more, but I still like to have a reference photo. Sometimes I look at other's artwork to get ideas also. Even if I have 10 photos of different parts I'm pretty good at putting them together. However, it helps me sooo much to have that shading reference to glance at!

Quote:
Yep! I learned that technique when I was taking color pencil lessons. When your using color pencils in large areas the same thing happens with the verticle lines.

And if you ever move into coloring your sketchs, to make a good black sky, you can layer blue, then purple, then black. Dont know why, but the undercolors always make things BLACK!

Back
Top Bottom