A lone silkie....

CissysChicks

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2020
Hi, I incubated 8 silkies but only 1 hatched. She's awesome. She's eating, drinking and pooping. I feel awful for her being alone.

I called 2 sellers and 1 of them might have chicks to buy this week. I've been wanting to get a few from her so it works out. They other lady said a month.
It makes me sad that she's alone. So I've played chick noises. I'm holding her and made a place for her with a heating pad that I sit with her or she's snuggled in my neck.
I know they shouldn't be raised alone. Will she be ok until I get her some buddies?

Attachments

• 20201010_200102.jpg
    20201010_200102.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 9
I would be willing to bet this little chick turns out to be a pullet with the silkies I’ve had if they have a more poofy crest they usually were pullets I’m not promising that is a pullet I could be super far from even being close to right but I just think it’s a pullet

Oh my goodness! Such a cutie! My Silkie was alone for a week before I was able to get some flockmates for her. I gave her a knotted up dish towel to snuggle into while under the brooder plate. I did spend quite a bit of time with her and now at 10 months old, she's still very bonded to me but she's also very dependent on her flockmate that I added whenever she was a week old. Also whenever I brought her new flockmates, she seemed to be not at all interested. There was no fighting or anything, she just wasn't interested in flockmates of her own species. I wish you the very best with your absolutely gorgeous chick!

This is what I think would be a cockerel (notice the difference between your little cuties crest and this one’s crest)

Attachments

• 8EBC120A-4E27-4407-B6EE-052DB42665E5.jpeg
    8EBC120A-4E27-4407-B6EE-052DB42665E5.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom