A&M quail sexing still a no go...

Haha, they all started in today finally, I'm off work so it was nice to be able to have time to sit and watch em good... I tagged about 7 A&M roosters so far... they have all been crowing their heads off.... I had a few that I thought were hens until they started trying to breed!! So... Sexing is about over hopefully.... I will probably figure out a few more that may be hiding in the sea of white still, but at least I know I have enough to do my breeding program now... They are all swelling up good on their butts and foaming some. Some foam more than others, but needless to say another week and they will all be in the breeding cycle. I am going to weigh out the A&M's today... select the biggest ones for my breeders... I've had a few eggs dropping, so hopefully another weeek and they will all be on the same program!!!

I can say though that I am not too fond of this waiting until they start breeding thing until you can find out hen or roo with A&Ms.... BUT on the same token what does it really matter... Even if I could have separated them faster like with the browns, they aint laying or breeding yet... Just standing around in a cage like all the others... I guess it dont really matter in the end.. lol

Back
Top Bottom