A Memorial stone In Wales (UK) to the Quakers

WOW! Beautiful country! My ancestors came from Wales-- not Quakers though, Puritans I think, or the like. Our closest city, where dh works, we shop and go to church, was founded by Quakers. There isn't a large Quaker population, and no active meeting house. The old meeting house is still there though.

Quote:
It is on the main road to Bala North Wales.

Wow Ams 3651 I have just been on the webpage, does the house still look the same these days?

Quote:
Ahhh the magnificent beauty and history that is Scotland, I LOVE Scotland and particularly Whisky Marmalade...yum. The Lochs of Scotland are fantastic, then you get the mountainous areas where you can almost imagine the battles that had taken place long long ago, and then there is the ultimate quiet where nothing seems to stir and you swear you can hear bagpipes and drums in the distance. I find Scotland very romantic........

Quote:
It is on the main road to Bala North Wales.

Wow Ams 3651 I have just been on the webpage, does the house still look the same these days?

its still there, there are several in the area and are kept up very well. Occasionally there may be a Quaker wedding at one. Although Im not of Quaker heritage my family origins are of Scotland (if you knew my last name you'd see it) Wales, Switzerland, Germany, Italy and a little country not a country anymore Tyrol.

Quote:

its still there, there are several in the area and are kept up very well. Occasionally there may be a Quaker wedding at one. Although Im not of Quaker heritage my family origins are of Scotland (if you knew my last name you'd see it) Wales, Switzerland, Germany, Italy and a little country not a country anymore Tyrol.

Ahh the Tyrol wonderful ski-ing!! What a mixture medley, reminds me of me a little, English, Irish and a touch of German thrown in, then married an Italian! have one very blonde daughter who takes after my side of the family,and one very dark Mediterrean looking son who is the image of his father - gorgeous,

Quote:

Ahh the Tyrol wonderful ski-ing!! What a mixture medley, reminds me of me a little, English, Irish and a touch of German thrown in, then married an Italian! have one very blonde daughter who takes after my side of the family,and one very dark Mediterrean looking son who is the image of his father - gorgeous,

and a touch of Pa Dutch thrown in there. My sister and I both have dark hair but shes darker skinned and Im pale.

Quote:

and a touch of Pa Dutch thrown in there. My sister and I both have dark hair but shes darker skinned and Im pale.

Yep we are all such a lovely mixture medley.......

Back
Top Bottom