A Mess of a Hatch

A new showgirl hatched today. :) She's really pretty and has a grey tint to the yellow fluff. Four more eggs to go. Since none have pipped, I candled them again. All four are alive and moving. None have internally pipped. Their air cells aren't all that big since I've had to have the humidity up since Thursday. Hopefully they will be ok.

Still waiting on the last four. I haven't seen any pips. I think they could go as long as friday or saturday, if my calculations are right.

Two are pipped. I think one of the other eggs died. I didn't see any movement when I candled. The other hasn't internally or externally pipped but is still alive. I'm trying to convince myself to leave it alone and let it do it's thing. I know I mess with them too much, I just hate them dieing.

It's funny too, because it's my most successful hatch so far. I guess I just got to go away more when they are due to hatch. Lol.

A black silkie hatched. It's still drying. The other pipper is peeping but just chilling in its egg. Maybe it'll hatch by morning.

Back
Top Bottom