A monster egg

I have two hens that have recently started laying, they’re both a RIR and NHR mix it seems.

One of them started laying giant monster eggs larger than jumbo size, her 6th egg is pictured next to her previous production for comparison.

I give them a spoon full of sour cream every other day and they free range for a good part of the day.
Definitely a quadriple yolker

Sour cream isnt good for chickens :oops:
I just looked it up, all I found was things on cottage cheese, it is supposed to be given in moderation, I do get the low sodium lite variety, one of my hens was laying constant shelless eggs until I started feeding them s little sour cream every other day to boost calcium and vitamin D.

what is your experience and why do you say it’s no good?

thank you for the knowledge :)

It would be!
I think they should stop trying to make pink, purple, blue, Polka dot whatever chickens and focus on breeding them so that they are producing ginormous eggs with multiple yolks.
Imagine it, 1 eggs does 4 people.
That would be cool... though I hope the hen would be bigger, otherwise, wow! That would be painful!

I just looked it up, all I found was things on cottage cheese, it is supposed to be given in moderation, I do get the low sodium lite variety, one of my hens was laying constant shelless eggs until I started feeding them s little sour cream every other day to boost calcium and vitamin D.

what is your experience and why do you say it’s no good?

thank you for the knowledge :)
I think sour cream isn’t necessarily bad, it’s just higher in fat. I wouldn’t give more than a tablespoon. Sounds like very little, but chickens are very little! And yogurt would definitely have more to offer nutritionally than sour cream

Back
Top Bottom