A must see!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LizGled628, Aug 29, 2010.

1. LizGled628

LizGled628 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Just watched the movie Food Inc. I have never been prouder to be an organic chicken owner!!! Seriously, anyone who values local, organic foods will love this movie. Anyone who needs to eat NEEDS to watch this movie. It will change your perspective on the food industry forever.

I love the message at the end. We have a vote three times a day. Change the demand and change the world.

2. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    Is this a TV movie or a video/dvd rental? I'd like to see it but need info on how to find it.

3. Luke13:34

Luke13:34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    The Naugatuck Valley
    Quote:[​IMG]

I agree...excellent movie!

4. LizGled628

LizGled628 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Quote:It's out on DVD. I imagine it's on Nexflix, but I purchased it on Amazon for $13. If you buy it or rent it, it's sooooo worth the expense! Here is the link to their website for more information:http://www.foodincmovie.com/

Sometimes documentaries can get really extreme, and exploit their information to such an extreme, that it defeats their cause. Food Inc is not like that. It's about the simple truth of where your food comes from. Everyone who raises chickens on this site will appreciate the message about the poultry industry.

Part of the reason I love this site is the way people who raise their chickens for meat are just as passionate about quality of life as the people who raise their chickens as pets. I'm not a vegetarian, because I do believe that we can humanely raise chickens, cows, and pigs to slaughter in a safe, clean environment.

Sorry, rant over....just watch the movie!! [​IMG]

5. SunnysideupstateNY

SunnysideupstateNY Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    I agree it is very good. It was one of the influences for me to have my own backyard flock for eggs.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  6. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    it was awsome Another good one to watch is the future of food. You can watch it for free on Hulu.com. Really makes you think about what you are eating. I think those 2 movies are the reason why my hubby finally built my coop and we got chickens. I had been after him for 2 yearsto build me a coop and after that he built the coop.

7. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    This movie is also available streaming on Netflix. That way you don't have all the ^&*%*& ads like on Hulu.

I agree, excellent movie and "must see" for all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by