A nest in a humid place

Johnchickens2

Songster
7 Years
Apr 18, 2017
Hello! My hen laid eggs in a hide (protected from danger) but the soil there is moist. When I picked up one of the eggs I saw that there was a little water on the shell. Is it problematic? Are the eggs in the nest no longer good and we should replace them with new ones? We want her to hatch her eggs. In addition, the humidity during the night is really high, we have a glass table in the yard and there are drops of water on the table at night even though it hasn't rained at all. Are the eggs fine with it outside?

Thank you

Hello! My hen laid eggs in a hide (protected from danger) but the soil there is moist. When I picked up one of the eggs I saw that there was a little water on the shell. Is it problematic? Are the eggs in the nest no longer good and we should replace them with new ones? We want her to hatch her eggs. In addition, the humidity during the night is really high, we have a glass table in the yard and there are drops of water on the table at night even though it hasn't rained at all. Are the eggs fine with it outside?

Thank you
It depends how long they were sitting in water. I've dunked eggs in solution before and let them air dry. They hatched fine.

What I would do is get her and the eggs off the nest and put a pallet or some boards or something down, then fresh straw and put her eggs and her back. She'll not like that you're moving her or her eggs but if you leave them there, surely they'll go bad.

Back
Top Bottom