A new Buff Chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    NY
    We only hatched one Bearded Silkie buff colored chick this spring and now this little one. "Hoping for another hen"
    We have not been hatching much at all this year because we have a large flock
    and want to maintain our numbers.
    But I wanted a chick from one of my older best buff hens incase something unforseen happens to her.

[​IMG]

NEVER LET YOUR HOBBY BECOME WORK, IT TAKES ALL THE JOY OUT OF IT.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2007
  2. leslieloo

leslieloo New Egg

Aug 12, 2007
    I think baby chicks are the cutest thing in the world!

I was wondering, when you say "buff" are you describing the breed or the color?

The reason I ask is that my kids are intersted in showing their new hens so I am trying to learn proper chicken speak. Ha! Ha! We always said "the yellow one or the speckled one or the evil one...

Congrats on the new baby.

leslieloo

3. Julie in Al

Julie in Al Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    Melanie that is a keeper for sure. Love the color. Great topknot and foot feathering is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Leslie- Buff is a color and Silkie is a breed. That is a buff silkie. [​IMG] And a cute one at that!

5. silkiebeginer

silkiebeginer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    After seing that pic, now I am positive!!!!That my 2 chicks are buff silkies. I don't know nothing about bearded or non but my babies look just like that.

Jennifer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by