A new Chicken walked in my yard 😍

What State are you in? It's an adult hen and is possibly laying. Can you get pictures of the eyes? (Asking to determine age.) Does anyone near you have chickens? Do a thorough check on her for any injuries. (While you're at it, check for mites.) Sometimes a predator attack can cause a chicken to travel well outside of its boundaries. How friendly is she and how did catch her?

I’m in Ca. And yes a couple of neighbors down. She’s very friendly but gets vary scary easily & runs so fast I can’t catch her so I just make sure she eats

I’m in Ca. And yes a couple of neighbors down. She’s very friendly but gets vary scary easily & runs so fast I can’t catch her so I just make sure she eats
You should ask them if they're missing her by showing them her. They might be worried sick that a predator ran off with her or something and will be very grateful if you brought her back. Again, chickens will wander far out of their boundaries in panic caused by a predator attack.

You should ask them if they're missing her by showing them her. They might be worried sick that a predator ran off with her or something and will be very grateful if you brought her back. Again, chickens will wander far out of their boundaries in panic caused by a predator attack.
I found the owner but she very hard to catch . She’s very frightened.

Do you have any idea where she goes at night? If you find her roosting, you can take her off the roost pretty easily.

A headlamp at night with a red light is great for that. Chickens don't see the red light, so they don't try to escape. Wrap her in a towel, covering her wings and legs so she can't struggle out of your grasp.

Back
Top Bottom