1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A new egg color?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Solsken Farm, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Recently my children came running in from the coop screaming with joy and wonder. "Mommy! Mommy! they yelled running towards me. "Look we found a new color egg! Look! Look!

They opened their little hands and showed me a sweet little white egg. LOL Our Brabanters just started laying and our kids have only seen Marans, Orp, Faverolle, EE, Red Star and Ameraucana Eggs. LOL They thought white was some exotic new color.[​IMG] Kids crack me up.

Different is really what makes us all go "Ah!"[​IMG]

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    That is simply hysterical and precious at the same time! Don't you wish adults retained the same wonder and amazement as children??!! Ah, to be a kid again. [​IMG]

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    awww, cute !!! How old are they ??

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    That is so sweet. If we all looked at the world through children's eyes our lives would be so much happier! [​IMG]

5. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Oh Isn't that the truth!

They are 6, 8 and 9 and absolutely love chickens. Children are so precious.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Oh My Gosh, how sweet are those kids?????

7. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    The innocent discoveries of children is what makes memories so valuable. Enjoy every moment. Love them every day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by