A New Question About Our Lame Duck - Updated - Picture added

Letting her swim is

• a good idea.

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • a bad idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is one of the best videos! Can you imagine how happy she was in that tub!!!!!! You are just such nice people to have taken her in.
hugs.gif

Now, I really think she needs a nice name too. Lame duck is not very flattering
wink.png

I love that...Shes relaxed and able to live without pain for possibly the first time in months. Thank you for that. I only wish that someone had taken a few minutes to splint that leg and get it straight. I pray that its still not "loosely" broken now...I just can't stand to see suffering on any level.

I'd give her the swim time each day. Besides being the best therapy for the duck its good therapy for the duck owner as well.

I am with you Duckdad. It is a shame that someone did not help her earlier. But then maybe she would not have ended up with Old Guy and his wife. But I agree, it is so upsetting to me to think she's in pain and no one bothered to help her when it happened. Such selfishness.

That was so sweet, looked like she even used her leg some too? this will help her get strength in it because the water will keep her from putting her weight on it till it's healed... Bless ya'll for taking her in...

clap.gif
wee.gif

Wonderful to see her in that tub. Just looking at her, I feel like she may be one of those ducks that needs some extra vitamins. I cannot recall if you all said you had given her some poultry vitamins or not. If you have them, I think it would help. Even some niacin in her water (100 to 150 mg per gallon) could give her a boost.

I am with you Duckdad. It is a shame that someone did not help her earlier. But then maybe she would not have ended up with Old Guy and his wife. But I agree, it is so upsetting to me to think she's in pain and no one bothered to help her when it happened. Such selfishness.
Its cruel as well.

I just can;t take that...and when/if I see it, theres gonna be trouble.

I almost whipped a guys ***** at a farm store for grabbing ducks by the WING. he's inside the pen trying to catch one for somebody and gets his hands on one thats resisting and he grabs it by the wing and pulls it up and holds it like that...I almost went nuts on that idiot and told him put it down, be nice to it or I'll beat you with the fense post. AT 6'3" and 230 lbs most people that me seriously...even with the grey hair.

I won;t tolerate someone being cruel or abusing an animal. I scream at someone elses brat children all the time because they are at our pond harassing the ducks or catching and killing turtles or fish. I caught a couple punk kids stomping on small turtles one day. I worked to have that family (gang) evicted and removed (renters) from the property (condos) because the parents did'nt see what thier 2 boys were doing wrong...they were just turtles...so what? Most people are too simple to understand that every action is just a stepping stone to the next action that will be taken at some point. Killing small animals today...someones son tomorrow.

As a society we are measured in two ways...how well we respect other life around us, and how well we treat our old people. Basically those that are all around us but less capable than we are. Unfortunately this country gets a failing grade. Too many people raise their kids without teaching simple respect for animal life and we see everyday how well recent generations respect those that came before them. I won;t stand for it and it won;t happen, not while I'm watching.

I am with you Duckdad.  It is a shame that someone did not help her earlier.  But then maybe she would not have ended up with Old Guy and his wife.  But I agree, it is so upsetting to me to think she's in pain and no one bothered to help her when it happenedSuch selfishness.

Its cruel as well.

I just can;t take that...and when/if I see it, theres gonna be trouble.

I almost whipped a guys ***** at a farm store for grabbing ducks by the WING.  he's inside the pen trying to catch one for somebody and gets his hands on one thats resisting and he grabs it by the wing and pulls it up and holds it like that...I almost went nuts on that idiot and told him put it down, be nice to it or I'll beat you with the fense post. AT 6'3" and 230 lbs most people that me seriously...even with the grey hair.

I won;t  tolerate someone being cruel or abusing an animal. I scream at someone elses brat children all the time because they are at our pond harassing the ducks or catching and killing turtles or fish.  I caught a couple punk kids stomping on small turtles one day.  I worked to have that family (gang) evicted and removed (renters) from the property (condos) because the parents did'nt see what thier 2 boys were doing wrong...they were just turtles...so what?  Most people are too simple to understand that every action is just a stepping stone to the next action that will be taken at some point. Killing small animals today...someones son tomorrow.

As a society we are measured in two ways...how well we respect other  life around us, and how well we treat our old people. Basically those that are all around us but less capable than we are. Unfortunately this country gets a failing grade. Too many people raise their kids without teaching simple respect for animal life and we see everyday how well recent generations respect those that came before them.  I won;t stand for it and it won;t happen, not while I'm  watching.

I will gladly hand over my soap box if you want to say it loud and proud just like that for me too. Preach on, d. d., preach on!

Back
Top Bottom