1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A Newbie from KY that needs to introduce and vent!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Koolduck, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Koolduck

Koolduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    Central KY
    Hello all! I found you when I was reseaching about chicken ownership before I took the plunge in March. I got my 8 chicks from one of your members Pop57. He was wonderful about answering my questions and being a reference person! Not only that...he picked me out 7 pullets and 1 rooster as it turned out so I think he is wonderful! I didn't know that he was a member ahead of time and after meeting him he mentioned the site and suggested that I join. Well, I've been lurking all this time, but after today's events...I have to vent because I am so [​IMG]. Anyhow I was the proud MotherHen to 2 BOs(1hen/1rooster named Dumplin),2BRs,2Australops and2SLWyndottes until this morning when a neighbors dog got Wanda the Wyndotte! I live in the beautiful Bluegrass with my very understanding husband and all the critters listed in the signature. I got chickens because I LOVE eggs! Now I have more than I can eat! But I'm having more fun than the law allows with my chicks....just not today!:[​IMG] I will post tomorrow on the pest/preditor page the events of today because Im exhausted and need bed now. Thank you for this site. Chicken people are good people! Lisa

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    [​IMG] I haven't personally met pop57 (he's too far away from me), but he does seem like a pretty good guy. Enjoy yourself here, but be warned, it is very addictive!

4. Koolduck

Koolduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    Central KY
    I am a horse person....I know all about addictions! I have a happy little flock and totally believe in the theory of "If it aint broke...", so I probably wont get many more. I want a Speckled Sussex so the one that just got eaten will probably get replaced by a Sussex. Or, I can get another Wyndotte and a Sussex.....OH NO it is starting!!!!![​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Welcome! [​IMG]

6. Luvin Life

Luvin Life Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    [​IMG] from IN. Sorry about Wanda [​IMG]

7. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

8. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Sorry about your bad luck, hope things turn around for you soon!

9. chesapeakechick

chesapeakechick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2009
    Warwick, Maryland
    [​IMG] Sorry....

10. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    Welcome......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by