A Newbie from the mid west

Deltoria

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 14, 2014
Hello!

I am 24 years old and live in the middle of suburbia Missouri. Here in my city we're not allowed to have chickens, however, theirs no laws about quail so we've decided to keep a few for eggs and maybe meat down the road. Starting with the hatching method. I have a home made incubator that I hatch my bearded dragon, and ball python eggs in, though I have decided to use this, as well as a cheap store bought one (Chickbator 9100) <--with Charlie Trevino's adjustments to it in order to hatch a couple of quail chicks. I also have started planning the next years growing for my yard, wanting to take a stab at some self sufficient planting for fruits and some vegetables.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, I look forward to speaking with you all in the future!

<3

Deltoria

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Good luck with your quail hatches! Lots of people keep quail where they cannot keep chickens. I keep Bobwhites too. Fun little bird to keep.

Stop by our quail section too if you want to share your quail experiences...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about quail (never had any), but they sure are cute, little birds. Definitely post on the quail link provided by TwoCrows and take advantage of our quail experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in hatching your quail.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

I'd love to hatch some serama eventually, I have to apply for a permit for the coop first.

Back
Top Bottom